Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving!



This Thanksgiving I am going to enjoy the turkey, stuffing, pies, mashed potatoes, & family but I am also going to work on a more thankful heart throughout the year. Last night at churchs' Thanksgiving Eve service our pastor commented & read part of Abraham Lincolns' Thanksgiving Proclamation, there was a specific part that stood out to me ... 
"I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States... to set apart & observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving & Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to they that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances & blessings...."
As Americans we are not often as 'thankful' throughout the year as we could or should be. Reading through my facebook newsfeed Wednesday evening I was once again reminded of the many daily blessings & thanksgivings going on all around us. In the last few days there have been announcements of baby boys, surprise engagements in NYC {on tv programs!}, and future baby bundles. It reminds me how thankful I am and how many things I have to be thankful of in the future as well. 

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment