Thursday, September 22, 2011

{Inspiration Workshop} Bringing Families Together


It's that time again inspiration workshop with Maggie at Gussy Sews. 

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Maggie always picks out the most fun topics & I always look forward to finding out the new one each week! This weeks topic is Family Rooms.


As I was searching for inspiration this week these pictures were just seemed to capture & hold my thoughts on family rooms. A room that people are drawn to, where strangers become your friends & your family, the place that unites everyone - to me that is a family room. It is nice to have pretty paint on the wall and funky coffee tables but it's how the room draws you in and helps you become more family-ish I think. 


**all pictures from pintrest**
1. via 2. via 3. via 4. via

1. Blankets are a must have in my home. No matter the time of year or season you can probably find me curled up in a blanket, they are just so comforting and warm & soft. I love that these blankets are in muted tones as well as knit which just make them look more homey. 
2. I love the books & the homelike feel to the room. It's lived in but also nice & entertain-able. 
3. I love the whole look of this room and the fireplace which is warm & cozy but also such a fun statement piece. 
4. Chalkboard table with games - I just love this idea as it is. I love that this family obviously likes games & spending time with each other as well as there is a bit of craziness involved with the chalkboard paint.

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

What items are a must have in your family room?

No comments:

Post a Comment