Saturday, May 22, 2010

Randoms on a Saturday

Disclaimer: This post is rather random and holds multiple subjects. You have been warned.

Rhubarb: I need to find something to make with a couple of stalks of rhubarb that I got from my grandma.
Suggestions anyone?

I've been brainstorming other MN resolution destinations that I can do and put on my (imaginary) list. Ideas and thoughts are welcome. I checked out the blog for 365 Things to do in the Twin Cities - also has a facebook page that you may be more familiar with and found a couple interesting things I thought I would share.

Meet the Pedal Pub



For about $12-$15 per person, per hour you can rent this and pedal around while drinking. Fits 16 people who peddle and a "bartender" who drives (at least they are the ones driving) and I believe you supply your own liquor ... there seems to be something wrong with this picture... how much you will pedal will probably decrease as you increase your consumption... I wonder how well this works


ps. I do NOT need this for my upcoming birthday ok? 

I never even knew this existed! This my friends is why I have this resolution. 
Currently their exhibit is the works of art by Brock Davis who had his own resolution to create one piece of art every day for a year in 2009. Unfortunately the show ends today, May 22nd. As my day is packed I will not be able to see this particular exhibit but I will take a virtual tour of this exhibit and keep creative electric Studios in mind for later adventures. Below are a few of my favorites

January 8 
Gum



June 2
Swallllllllllllo


July 4
4




GLEE
I never really started watching Glee. But I've heard so much about it... and they are typically good things. So (deep breath here) I'm going to watch it while I pack my rooms up on my laptop. I'm not sure I'll like it but there is no turning back. Hopefully this will not turn into a twilight thing.

The plans for the rest of the day:
1) PACK, PACK, PACK
2) Figure out what I am bringing to my LOST party tomorrow (I am a dork, I know) and either purchase it or at least have a plan of what it will be
3) run out and try and find dad's present.... I've been out everyday this week. Only my family will decide to celebrate with a few days notice, and of course I can't find anything on his list in the stores :(

So I have wasted enough time this morning and now I leave you for packing to commence. I expect you all to keep me honest about packing so I will be back later to let you know how it went!

1 comment:

  1. I just made rhubarb coffee cake this morning. Luckily, I have a church bake sale that I have to do tomorrow so it gave me an excuse to make a horribly fattening cake so I could try a little piece while I cut up pieces to sell :) My mom usually makes a rhubarb syrup with raspberry jello, cooked rhubarb and blueberries. Its great on pancakes, waffles, french toast. It freezes well too.

    ReplyDelete