Thursday, May 19, 2011

Friday Eve & Friend Fail

It's Friday Eve!

I don't know where the week has gone!?! I can not believe it is already Friday Eve! One of my friends always wishes me a Happy Friday Eve every Thursday and it always brightens my week and makes me smile, following my "Friday Eve" voicemail from said friend I always receive a sung "Happy Friday" voicemail the next day - it truly brightens my Thursday & Friday and is more of my "hump" day then Wednesday is. There last few weeks have just been flying by. But so ready for this weekend and a few days off. This weekend will be a busy one though.

blurry cell picture of L & I before the shower

All of May seems to be rushing past. Last weekend I attended a beautiful baby shower for a college friend. It was so much fun, lots of laughter, good food and fun friends. Hopefully sometime soon I will be able to share some fun pictures from it - seriously SO.MUCH.FUN.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Friend Fail
I completely feel like I've been a failure at this whole friend thing recently.
May is so busy apart from packing, preparing my returned home (parental home) for the next few months, cleaning, moving and packing (did I mention that?). I have had so many wonderful things going on that I am juggling; acclimating myself to a new job (HUGE BLESSING) and preplanned May events & activities. I have pretty much kept up my "set week" schedule of Tuesday with the Family & Thursday small group and then anything else I have scheduled/rsvped/responded to (birthdays, showers, parties, ect). But unfortunately that has not left a lot of time for unscheduled, spontaneous, last minute fun.

I feel like I have left my friends down, but honestly right now I am just focusing on getting past this whole packing thing before May comes to a close and hopefully in June I will be able to see people, friends and family. I've had to turn down fun opportunities that have come up because I've taken a "policy" on not really adding to my May activities that unfortunately is pretty straight across the board with no "ifs", "ands" or "buts".

In the friend fail section we can also categorize a birthday section. I have been late on a few friends birthday presents this month. That's not a good friend.

Friend fail. Not a great feeling

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small Group has been & continues to be a huge blessing to me. We just started a new study and it is wonderful! And the discussion we have been having is great. Sometimes it can be a struggle to find a good study, we vary from books of the bible, to book studies & dvd studies. Currently this is a book study but unlike most studies we have done, this one brings the Bible in so clearly and makes you dig deep and makes you open your Bible!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to anyone or everyone who got through that very wordy post of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Becca! And don't start scheduling June to be too full before you save a coffee date slot for me :) Its been WAY too long! MY friend fail...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you made time to wait forever for me to eat last Friday. I was the one who failed that one...I just showed up with little notice and you made time! No fail there :)

    ...I'll try and get you the pics tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete