Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bittersweet

Some moments in life are just bittersweet. 

Off and on for about two and a half years I had been applying for jobs that would better fit my career path or at least the career path I wanted to take. After countless fruitless applications finally a call for an interview. After that interview there was another interview. And finally a week later a job offer. To say that I had mixed feelings would be an understatement. It was really a bittersweet time. I was so happy that finally someone looked at, read and contacted me based on my resume. This was an opportunity that I could not resist or turn down. But saying hello to a new job also meant saying goodbye to another company, co-workers that I had spent 3 years getting to know and figuring out all the quirks. Saying goodbye to knowing how everything worked to being low-{wo}man on the totem-pole. 


Saying goodbye was hard and difficult. But I was so blessed by my farewell. So many people wished me well and were genuinely happy for me and new opportunities. I received thoughtful gifts that were not at all necessary but very heartwarming

Sometimes bittersweet is ok. Bittersweet chocolate. Bittersweet plant.

:: apologies for the blurry cell phone picture ::

No comments:

Post a Comment