Friday, January 7, 2011

Minnesota: American Swedish Institute

Last week while on my staycation I was able to visit the American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis.

The museum is housed in the home of a swedish immigrant family that was built in 1908. There were some great exhibits including a Coco-Cola Santa exhibit, Nordic table & tree exhibit and a Santa Lucia exhibit.

Bestie, Tie & I had a wonderful time exploring the ASI. Each room had beautiful & ornate ceilings unique to each room. And the fire places, oh my the fire places were utterly gorgeous. Can't lie, I would love a fire place in my bedroom as I am a freeze baby!

If you're in the area or live in beautiful Minnesota the American Swedish Institute is definitely a must see, so fun & unique and utterly gorgeous!

If you go park in the wonderful free parking lot, you don't find free parking lots in Minneapolis much and grab a swedish pastries from the downstairs cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment