Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Guthrie Theater


The Guthrie Theater was recently built in it's current location several years ago, it boasts great views of Minneapolis, three stages, several bars, restaurants and cafes as well as a couple very unique items. 

Inside we went up a three story escalator that was HUGE - quite interesting to see, visited the Endless Bridge, and the "Yellow Room"(seen in the picture above). The inside is very unique. In the mirrors interior and exterior walls of the building you could see pictures that almost had a 3D quality to them. 








Above the Guthrie Theater sign you can see one of these picture on the outside of the building. 

In the Endless Bridge there are windows to the outside that are "framed" by mirrors giving a unique 360 type view. You can also see the 35W bridge as well as St. Anthony Falls and the Stone Arch Bridge from the Endless Bridge and are able to step outside and look out as well.




View from outside. That is my friend K below out on the deck of the Endless Bridge



Instead of viewing life through rose tinted glasses you may view life through yellow tinted glass in the Yellow Room.



Myself in the Yellow Room



That my friends is the Guthrie Theater, I'm not sure how I feel about the blue exterior or the very modern architecture but there are many very cool and unique features to the building. Now that I have seen the Guthrie I would love to experience a show there and get swept away in the story. The best thing about the Guthrie? It was free to walk around in and had some spectacular view, I'm sure the evening views are gorgeous all lite up.


**all pictures taken by me for better or for worse**

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you are getting out and exploring MN especially the Twin Cities area!!! I guess I only seem to expore the rural towns of northern MN so I am kind of jealous of your vicinty to a ton of fun stuff! If you ever want a good west-central tour, I'm your guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I did revamp my resolution to include all of MN so I might take you up on it ;)

    ReplyDelete