Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flowers and Pies in the sky!


A few months ago I bought a pack of mini tart pans from Albertville! Monday was the first chance I got to use them. I LOVED working with them. I made mini pies and mini quiches. They were fantastic! So much fun and fast and easy!

For the pies I used canned filling and store crust... I personally like making my own crust - I enjoy it but I was constrained on time. I did enjoy doing the "semi-latice" and other decorating on the pies to make them a bit cuter. I also made smaller pies in muffin pans. They were definitely shorter and smaller but great! The quiche I whipped up on my own. Just eggs, pepper, cheese, and sour cream. I would have liked to use some sort of veggies and/or meat but the pans are a pretty tiny and I wasn't sure if I would be able to fit everything in the pan. 

Como Conservatory

I had a huge to do list for myself on Monday (as I had the day off) and I got pretty much all of it done. Since I got so much done I wanted to get out of the house and enjoy myself, I took a little trip to the Como Conservatory. I feel like I grew up at Como Zoo and Conservatory. I went there so much as a kid and always had a blast and I loved going there on Monday. I could walk around at my own pace. I did not go to the zoo though this time. e.
all pictures taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment