Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I love me some Chinese Food!

I absolutely LOVE chinese food. Besides being Valentines Day on Sunday, it was also Chinese New Year. To celebrate I decided to make some Dumplings/Potstickers. (Apparently potstickers are a type of dumpling).



I tried a new recipe than the one I typically use. Enter Rachael Ray's Pork Dumpling Recipe. The recipe was good (very similar to the other recipe I had used before). But the way you cooked the dumpling was very different. With RR's(rachael ray) recipe you boiled the dumplings vs. the potsticker way of pan frying and then steaming. The recipe turned out fine but I did not enjoy the dumpling texture, it would have been fine in wanton soup, but I definitely like the crisp of potstickers. I think for future I will pan fry & steam. The texture is so much better, and the pan frying doesn't add that much oil so nutritionally it's not that different. But I think this recipe yields a bit more pork mixture than one of the others that I have used in the past.

*BTW I did not make my own wanton wrappers.. I took the easy way out and bought them from the grocery store, located in the produce section. They taste yummy and are more convenient.

This week is National Pancake Week. So go pick yourself up some pancakes or make a yummy recipe at home - I know that's what I'm planning on doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment