Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tonight I made myself stir fry and Szechwan Green Beans. The green beans were delish! So yummy! The stir fry unfortunately was not so great. I tried a healthier version of stir fry noodles that were made out of tofu and yams... Needless to say not so great. I managed to eat the meat and veggies from it, but the noodles were lost on me.



Monte Carlo Szechwan Green Beans




Serves 4




  • 1 lb. fresh green beans




  • Oil to cover beans




  • 2 tbsp. minced yellow onion




  • ¼ tbsp. crushed red chili peppers




  • 1 tbsp. peanut oil




  • 3 tbsp. soy sauce




  • 1 tbsp. oyster sauce






  • 1½ tsp. brown sugar



    Heat oil to 375 degrees. Deep fry beans in oil until they wrinkle. Towel dry beans and set aside.

    While beans are drying, saute the onion and chili peppers in peanut oil until the onions soften. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar and cook until the volume is reduced by half. Add the beans and stir long enough to coat and warm the beans.


    Nutrition information per serving:


    Calories 140

    Carbohydrates 11 g

    Protein 3 g

    Fat 10 g

    including sat. fat 1 g

    Cholesterol 0 mg

    Sodium 950 mg

    Calcium 56 mg

    Dietary fiber 3 g

    ***Notes: I did not fry the beans. I made the sauce and then sauteed my green beans in that. But they still turned out great!











  • No comments:

    Post a Comment