Saturday, January 16, 2010

I made a very scrumptions meal the other night. I made grilled chicken with pico de fuji on top. What is pico de fuji? It is a recipe from Hungry Girl. Hungry girl is known for her good for you, low calorie and low fat recipes.

Pico De Fuji

ingredients
2 medium Fugi apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 small lime
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
1/4 cup blueberries (fresh is best, but I used frozen without the juices)
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon diced red onion
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
Place diced apples in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lime over the apples. Add jalapeno, blueberries, cilantro and onion and salt. Toss well.

Chill for 30 minutes at least. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve over salads, fish, poultry and anything else you can think of.

There are only 43 calories in 1/2 cup And .5 grams of fat


I would totally make this. It was so yummy and fresh. Made me dream of summer.

I also made a apple broccoli slaw from Hungry Girl... that was ok. But worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment