Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dinner Party



Welcome to my dinner party! 
Sit back and relax



Earlier this week I prepared supper for my roommates and a friend. Just a simple meal that's all I wanted. Simple and healthy, something I could feed some friends. To the cookbooks and internet I went. I knew some of the sides I wanted, a green salad with walnuts and blueberries with a raspberry vinaigrette. But what to make for the main entree... I decided upon Chicken with fire roasted tomatoes topped with feta cheese. But what else? I threw in some sweet potatoes ( LOVE THEM) and some MN farm fresh green beans.


I really wanted roasted pears for dessert. But of course pears are out of season. I decided to go with the same idea but with peaches. Oven roasted peaches with a slight drizzle of butter and a bit of brown sugar roasted in the oven topped with a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Simple and delicious. The way dessert should be.

Scoop of Hagan Daz ice cream makes everything better 


I am pretty sure I came close to using every bowl, spoon, pot & pan in the house.. erh apartment. But the fun of my first dinner party at my own apartment? Using fun bowls and sets of plates that you don't normally use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment