Monday, July 5, 2010

{Day four}




Washington: Rialto Beach at Olympic Nation Park


Rialto beach was GORGEOUS. It was my first time seeing the ocean other than from a tiny window from a plane. The first time breathing in ocean air and being doused in salty water, hearing the huge crashing of the ocean waves. Huge piles of drift wood and bare trees lay on the shore for miles to see and off the beach you could see the little tree studded islands. We were just there for maybe an hour or two but high tide was beginning to rush in.



We had our grocery store picnic on the beach. My favorite kinds of picnics are the grocery store kinds, where you go and pick up a bunch of odds and ends, some cheese & crackers, a couple pieces of fruit, maybe some beef jerky. Hmmm so good and rustic.







I wish we could have stayed longer but the water kept getting closer and the waves higher if I would have stayed on the fallen tree above I would have been under water soon.



{Rialto Beach Dam}
On the other side of the beach was a dam full of ocean water separated from the ocean by a ton of driftwood and logs





… all pictures for better or for worse taken by me 


No comments:

Post a Comment