Monday, March 1, 2010

Twitterpated with Twitter

Prequel: A few of my friends like to joke that I "find" or "discover" things later then everyone else. About 2 years ago I found this song I really liked, it was new to me... but was about a year old to everyone else.


Well recently I have "discovered" Twitter. It's not that I had never heard of Twitter. But I've never really cared for it. I facebook, I blog, email and text what more do I need in social media?

But then I went to the Barlow Girl website the other day after the concert and discovered they all tweet and I have been reading their tweets since then. This morning on the way to work I heard that Conan O'Brien just created a Twitter Account (and already has 300,778 followers - after not even a day!!!) and the Dalai Lama has a Twitter too! As if I need another online social media account to want to read every day?!?!?! I have my hands full with my Google Reader account which is WAY to big (embarrassing really).  (In all honesty Google Reader is pretty awesome!)

Am I going to start a Twitter? No

But it might take me a while to stop being twitterpated by it though

1 comment:

  1. I love Twitter. Mainly because you are forced to get to the point because you can only type 140 characters. But I also use it because my friends on the East coast mainly Facebook and I'm on the West coast and everyone out here Tweets. I have to keep up with both which is exhausting, but fun at the same time.

    xoxo Amber
    myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete