Thursday, March 25, 2010

A God like sense of Humor

God has a funny sense of humor. The other night as I was having my quiet time/devotional time I prayed that I would be able to be "awake" enough to have my quiet time in the morning. Which usually means wake up at 4, then jump in the shower between 4:20/4:30. But unless I slept well sometimes the morning doesn't happen and then it gets pushed back later in the day. 

Don't say God doesn't answer prayers. I woke up at 3:30 a good 45 minutes before I needed to be up. As I lay in bed looking at the clock I could just imagine God getting a good tender smile on his face and thinking "Well you said you wanted quiet time this morning - so here it is - use it wisely." 

Did I use it wisely? Not as wisely as I could have, but I still got a good amount of quiet time in. My day just goes a lot better if I start with God in the morning. 

I enjoyed reading Psalm 19 in the NCV. Look it up it's good stuff  :)
( I think I might just buy a NCV Bible, I did enjoy reading from it a lot, just a different perspective)

No comments:

Post a Comment